We went to the Pirates game against the Yankees last night at PNC Park in Pittsburgh……….it was incredible! It is the first time the Yankees have been in town since 1960 and if you remember that is when the Pirates beat them in the last game of the World Series when Bill Mazeroski hit a home run in the last inning! That play has been a huge play in baseball history (not just in Pittsburgh) and the people of Pittsburgh voted it the best overall sports moment in Pittsburgh sports history this past year (even above Steelers Super Bowl wins and Penguins Stanley Cup wins!). Bill was there to throw out the first pitch and the crowd roared and they applauded with a standing ovation the WHOLE time he was out there! What a great tribute to the man!
This 3-game series (we are also going Thursday night) has been publicized to the max and all the games are a sell out with them selling standing room only tickets…………and that NEVER happens to the Pirates anymore, especially the last couple years. There were over 38,000 people there and they said it was the 3rd highest attendance since PNC Park opened! There were special things going on everywhere and there were people everywhere!
The NY Yankees have the HIGHEST salary of all teams in major league baseball while Pittsburgh has the LOWEST.
Oh……the score of last night’s game?
Pirates 12, Yankees 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out my pictures:
PIRATES VS YANKEES 06-24-08
I OWE MY MOTHER (for everything)
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
‘If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside.
I just finished cleaning.’
2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
‘You better pray that will come out of the carpet.’
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
‘If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you
into the middle of next week!’
4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
‘ Because I said so, that’s why.’
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
‘If you fall out of that swing and break your neck,
you’re not going to the store with me.’
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
‘Make sure you wear clean underwear,
in case you’re in an accident.’
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
‘Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.’
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
‘Shut your mouth and eat your supper.’
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
‘Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!’
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
‘You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.’
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
‘This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.’
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
‘If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times.
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
‘I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.’
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
‘Stop acting like your father!’
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
‘There are millions of less fortunate children in this world
who don’t have wonderful parents like you do.’
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
‘Just wait until we get home.’
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
‘You are going to get it when you get home!’
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
‘If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going
to get stuck that way.’
19. My mother taught me ESP.
‘Put your sweater on; don’t you think
I know when you are cold?’
20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
‘When that lawn mower cuts off your toes,
don’t come running to me.’
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
‘If you don’t eat your vegetables,
you’ll never grow up.’
22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
‘You’re just like your father.’
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
‘Shut that door behind you. Do you think
you were born in a barn?’
24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
‘When you get to be my age, you’ll understand..’
25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
‘One day you’ll have kids, and I hope
they turn out just like you